【学科阅读】鲁滨逊漂流记第9章:英国的家

来源:仪征中学 时间:2024-03-20
 

Chapter9HomeinEngland

第九章 英国的家

WhenIcamebacktoEngland,Ifeltlikeastrangerinthecountry.

当我回到英格兰,我觉得自己好像是这个国家的一个陌生客人。
Many things were different, and not many people remembered me.
许多东西都变了样,没有几个人能记得我。
I went home to York, but my father and mother were dead, and also my two brothers.
我回到约克郡的家,我的父母亲及我两个兄弟都已去世了。
I did find the two sons of one of my brothers.
我找到了我一个兄弟的两个儿子。
They were happy to learn that I was alive, and I was pleased to find some family.
知道我还活着他们非常高兴,我很高兴找到了一些家人。
After some months I decided to go down to Lisbon in Portugal.
过了几个月我决定去葡萄牙的里斯本。
I had friends there who could help me to sell my land in Brazil, and I needed the money.
我有些朋友在那儿可以帮我卖掉在巴西的土地,我需要钱。
Friday came with me. He was always a good and true friend to me.
星期五和我一起去。他一直是我的一位忠实的好朋友。
In Lisbon I found the Portuguese captain, who took me in his ship to Brazil, all those years ago.
在里斯本我找到了多年前带我去巴西的葡萄牙船长。
It was good to see him again, and he helped me with my business.
再次见到他真是太好了,他帮助我做生意。
Soon I was ready to go home againby land.
不久我又准备回家——是经陆路。
No more adventures and dangers by sea for me!
对我来说在海上航行已没有更多的冒险和危险。
It was a long, hard journey.
这是一次长途跋涉的旅行。
We had to cross the mountains between Spain and France in winter, and the snow was deep.
我们不得不在冬天穿越位于西班牙和法国之间的大山,积雪很深。
Poor Friday was very afraid of the snow.
可怜的星期五非常害怕雪。
In his country it was always hot, and he did not like cold weather.
在他的国家天气总是很热,他不喜欢寒冷的天气。
Back in England I found a house and began to live a quiet life.
回到英国我找了座房子,开始过平静的生活。
My two nephews came to live with me.
我的两个侄子来和我住在一起。
The younger one wanted to be a sailor, and so I found him a place on a ship.
小的一个想做一名水手,于是我给他在船上找了个职位。
After a while I married, and had three 打印本页】【关闭窗口