【学科阅读】鲁滨逊漂流记第1章:我的第一次海上旅行

来源:仪征中学 时间:2024-03-20
 

Chapter1Myfirstseajourney

第一章 我的第一次海上旅行

BeforeIbeginmystoryIwouldliketotellyoualittleaboutmyself.

开始我的故事之前,我想先向你谈一点我自己的情况。
I was born in the year 1632, in the city of York in the north of England.
我1632年出生在英国北部的约克郡。
My father was German but he came to live and work in England.
我父亲是德国人,但他却来到英国居住和工作。
Soon after that he married my mother who was English.
此后不久,他与我母亲结了婚,我母亲是英国人。
Her family name was Robinson so when I was born they called me Robinson after her.
娘家姓鲁宾孙,因此,我出生后他们都称呼我鲁宾孙,沿用了我母亲的姓氏。
My father did well in his business and I went to a good school.
我父亲在生意上做得很出色,并且我也进了一所好学校.
He wanted me to get a good job and live a quiet comfortable life. But I did not want that.
他希望我得到好的工作,过一种平静的、舒适的生活。但是我不希望如此。
I wanted adventure and an exciting life.
我喜欢冒险和刺激的生活。
'I want to be a sailor and go to sea. ' I told my mother and father.
“我想成为一名水手去航行,”我告诉父母亲.
They were very unhappy about this.
他们对此很不高兴。
'Please do not go, ' my father said. 'You will not be happy you know. Sailors have a difficult and dangerous life. '
“不要去,”父亲说。“你不会幸福的,你知道。水手过着艰苦而且危险的生活。”
And be because I loved him and he was unhappy I tried to forget about the sea.
因为我爱父亲,他不高兴,我便试图忘掉大海。
But I could not forget and about a year later I saw a friend in town.
但我不可能忘掉。大约一年后,我在镇里遇到一个朋友。
His father had a ship and my friend said to me,
他的父亲有一艘船,我的朋友对我说:
'We're sailing to London tomorrow. Why do not you come with us? '
“明天我们航行去伦敦。你为什么不和我们一起走呢?”
And so on September 1 st, 1651, I went to Hull and the next day we sailed for London.
于是,1651年9月1日,我到了赫尔港,第二天我们驶向伦敦。
But a few days later there was a strong wind.
但是,几天后,刮起了狂风。
The sea was rough and dangerous and the ship went up and down up and down.
狂暴的大海危机四伏,船不断颠簸。
I was very ill and very afraid.