【美文欣赏】微笑

来源:仪征中学 时间:2022-06-10
 
  • The Smile
  • 微笑
  • I was sure that I was to be killed.
  • 一想到自己明天就没命了。
  • I became terribly nervous.
  • 不禁陷入极端的惶恐。
  • I fumbled in my pockets to see if there were any cigarettes, which had escaped their search.
  • 我翻遍了口袋,终于找到一支没被他们搜走的香烟,
  • I found one and because of my shaking hands, I could barely get it to my lips.
  • 但我的手紧张得不停发抖,连将烟送进嘴里都成问题。
  • But I had no matches,they had taken those.
  • 而我的火柴也在搜身时被拿走了,
  • I looked through the bars at my jailer.
  • 我透过铁栏望着外面的警卫。
  • He did not make eye contact with me.
  • 他并没有注意到我在看他。
  • I called out to him, "Have you got a light?"
  • 我叫了他一声:‘能跟你借个火吗?’
  • He looked at me, shrugged and came over to light my cigarette.
  • 他转头望着我,耸了耸肩,然后走了过来,点燃我的香烟。
  • As he came close and lit the match, his eyes inadvertently locked with mine.
  • 当他帮我点火时,他的眼光无意中与我的相接触。
  • At that moment, I smiled.
  • 这时我突然冲着他微笑。
  • I don't know why I did that.
  • 我不知道自己为何有这般反应。
  • Perhaps it was nervousness, perhaps it was because, when you get very close, one to another,
  • 也许是过于紧张,或者是当你如此靠近另一个人,
  • it is very hard not to smile.
  • 你很难不对他微笑。
  • In any case, I smiled.
  • 不管是何理由,我对他笑了。
  • In that instant, it was as though a spark jumped across the gap between our two hearts,our two human souls.
  • 他点完火后并没立刻离开,两眼盯着我瞧,脸上仍带着微笑。
  • I know he didn't want to,
  • 我知道他不想这么做,
  • but my smile leaped through the bars and generated a smile on his lips, too.
  • 但是,我的微笑冲破了围栏,他的脸上也露出了微笑。
  • He lit my cigarette but stayed near, looking at me directly in the eyes and continuing to smile.
  • 他点上了我的香烟,站在离我不远处,看着我的眼睛,不停地微笑。
  • I kept smiling at him, now aware of him as a person and not just a jailer.
  • 我也以笑容回应,仿佛他是个朋友,而不是个守着我的警卫。
  • And his looking at me seemed to have a new dimension too.
  • 他看着我的眼神也少了当初的那股凶气。
  • "Do you have kids?" he asked.
  • ‘你有小孩吗?’他开口问道。
  • "Yes, here, here."
  • “有,你看。”
  • I took out my wallet and nervously fumbled for the pictures of my family.
  • 我拿出了皮夹,手忙脚乱地翻出了我的全家福照片。
  • He, too, took out the pictures of his family and began to talk about his plans and hopes for them.
  • 他也掏出了照片,并且开始讲述他对家人的期望与计划。
  • My eyes filled with tears.
  • 这时我眼中充满了泪水。
  • I said that I feared that I'd never see my family again,
  • 我说我害怕再也见不到家人,
  • never have the chance to see them grow up.
  • 我害怕没机会看着孩子长大。
  • Tears came to his eyes, too.
  • 他听了也流下两行眼泪。
  • Suddenly, without another word, he unlocked my cell and silently led me out.
  • 突然间,他二话不说地打开了牢门。
  • Out of the jail, quietly and by back routes, out of the town.
  • 悄悄地带我从后面的小路逃离了监狱
  • There, at the edge of town, he released me.
  • 出了小镇,就在小镇的边上,他放了我。
  • And without another word, he turned back toward the town.
  • 之后便转身往回走,不曾留下一句话。
  • My life was saved by a smile.
  • 一个微笑居然能救自己一条命。
  • Yes, the smile - the unaffected, unplanned, natural connection between people.
  • 是的,微笑是人与人之间最自然真挚的沟通方式。
  • I really believe that if that part of you and that part of me could recognize each other,
  • 如果我们能用心灵去认识彼此,
  • we wouldn't be enemies.
  • 世间不会有结怨成仇的憾事;
  • We couldn't have hate or envy or fear.
  • 恨意、妒嫉、恐惧也会不复存在。

 
打印本页】【关闭窗口