Beep! Beep! Beep! I rolled over and turned off my alarm clock.
“嘀!嘀!嘀!”我翻了个身,关掉了闹钟。
It was still dark outside so I felt my way to the wall switch and turned on the light.
外面还一片漆黑,我摸索着穿过房间,找到墙上的开关,打开电灯。
I got dressed quickly because I knew both of my dogs would be eager to get outside for their morning walk.
我快速穿好衣服,我知道我的两条狗都急不可耐地想要出门去晨练了。
I reached over to grab a coat and stopped.
我伸手去拿外套,然后楞了一下。
It was technically still Fall but the weather here in the Appalachian mountains of my home didn"t follow a calendar.
按道理来说,现在还是晚秋,可是我的家在阿拉巴契亚山脚下,气候与时令迥异。
It had been cold and snowy two days ago and warm and rainy yesterday.
两天前还雪花飘飘,严寒刺骨。昨天又小雨淅淅,温暖如春。
I had forgotten to check the weather report for today, however, so I wasn"t sure if I needed my light jacket or my heavy coat.
昨天我忘了查今天的天气情况了,我考虑了一下,是应该选择轻便的夹克衫还是厚外套。
I decided on my light jacket, pulled it on, and leashed up my bigger dog, Fluffy to walk first.
我决定穿夹克衫。我拉好拉链,我决定先带我的大狗Fluffy出去溜一圈,给它拴上了绳子。
I opened the door and stepped outside. Instantly I knew I had made the wrong choice.
我打开门,走到门外。很快我就明白自己做出了错误的选择。
Each breath I
exhaled
was a frozen mist. The wind chill was bitter cold.
我呼吸的每一口空气都充满冻结的水汽。寒风像刀子一样刮着我的脸。
The grass was covered in frost and I tied to keep my balance while Fluffy dragged me along behind him.
草地上结着一层冰霜。Fluffy拖着我向前走,我不得不努力保持平衡,才不至于摔倒。
I shivered and grumbled for a bit but finally I turned my head up to the sky.
|