KA CLANG! KA CLANG! KA CLANG!
哐啷!哐啷!哐啷!
The old bell was ringing calling us to breakfast at the camp.
夏令营的营地里,一只老旧的摇铃响个不停,招呼我们该吃早饭了。
Several of us, however, weren"t paying attention.
可是,我们中的好几个人根本不去理会。
It was the last day of camp and we were engaging in a tradition passed down for years.
这是夏令营的最后一天,我们正在举行一场数年来沿袭下来的传统仪式。
We were supposed to have stripped the sheets off of our beds in our cabins, stuff them into our pillow cases, and return them to the office before breakfast.
我们本应把宿舍里床上的床单扯下来,把他们塞进枕套里,在早餐之前把他们归还到办公室去。
Pillow cases filled with heavy sheets, though, were far better than pillows for an end of the week pillow fight.
可是,塞进厚床单的枕套比枕头要好得多,很适合来一场宿营最后一天的枕头大战。
A dozen or more of us then were going at it when the bell started to ring.
铃声响起的时候,包括我在内的十几个学员正在激烈对战。
We were knocking each other over the beds and swinging our loaded down pillow cases with all of our might.
我们把对方从床上打到地上去,用我们全身的力气挥舞着手中塞得满满的枕套。
A hit to the head stung like crazy but we didn"t mind.
脑袋被砸得生疼,简直让人发疯,但我们毫不在意。
We were having a rough housing good time.
我们正在享受这番大闹宿舍的好时光。
Soon the pillow fight spilled out into the
hallway
of the second story of our cabin.
很快枕头大战的战场就扩散到了二楼大厅。
A friend of mine and I were getting the worst of it.
|