【英译经典】策略、手段、做法

来源:仪征中学 时间:2020-09-25
 

1. 敷衍搪塞  give someone the runaround

别拿话儿搪塞我们,我们只是想知道你到底是同意还是不同意。
Don’t give us the runaround. We’d just like to know whether you agree or not.

2.哭穷 to poor-mouth

别跟我哭穷了,我还不知道你的底细?
Don’t poor-mouth to me. I have your number.

3.白吃白喝 a freeloader

我可不愿白吃白喝别人。我不是那种爱占便宜的人。
I wouldn’t freeload .I’m not a freeloader.

4.牵线搭桥 pull the strings

听说你公司有个空位,我很想去试一试。但你能先为我牵线搭桥么?
I hear there’s an opening in your company and I would like to fill it. But will you pull some strings for me?

5.甩掉 palm off

他让你赶紧把手中的次品都甩掉。
He urged you palm off all the shoddy goods immediately.

6.得罪某人get in Dutch with someone

张名得罪了他的上司,几个月后就被开除了。
Zhang Ming got in Dutch with his boss and in a few months he was sacked.

7.说别人的闲话dish the dirt about…

她特别喜欢说别人的闲话,是我们这出了名的长舌妇。
She is a   notorious  gossiper here, who is very fond of dishing the dirt about others.

8.挂个电话 give a buzz

在来之前请先给我挂个电话,以免让你扑空。
Give me a buzz before coming so that you won’t come to a locked door.

9.写封信 drop me a line

有空了给我写封信
Drop me a line when you have time.
 
打印本页】【关闭窗口